Whether you are an individual or a business, you must address online security the same way you approach physical security for your home or business. Not only does this make you feel safe, but it also protects people who visit your home, business place or website.
It is important to understand the potential risks and to make sure that you are fully protected against them. In the fast-paced world of technology, it is not always easy to keep abreast of the latest advances. For this reason, it is wise to partner with a reputable Internet security company.
Is Internet security relevant to my business?
Cyber attacks are so common these days that it is no a case of “if” but “when” the next cyber attack may occur. Companies in Singapore lose billions of dollars every year due to lack of security, loss of data and downtime. The impact of cybercrime is expected to increase as businesses become more connected to the Internet and more transactions are processed digitally.
It is vital for companies to ensure that security measures are taken to mitigate the risks of an attack and avoid disruption in business continuity when attacks occur. This helps to:
- Prevent any interruption in your business operations
- Make sure your critical systems and data are protected
- Provide customers with assurance that they can make secure transactions on your website
- Prevent damage to reputation caused by security incidents such as compromised websites or leakage of customer data
- Minimise financial losses from attacks